Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD - Need help identifying the problem and solution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bigwhiskey

Bigwhiskey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hey everyone, I recently ran into the BSOD (blue screen of death) three times within the last 24 hours. This is a fresh error and I have not had many other problems with the computer before. I'm on a dinosaur, a 2009 Dell XPS, with only a new graphics card. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to computers and messed around a bit trying to solve the problem. I've updated drivers, and rebooted a few times. The last time I rebooted, sadly, my computer beeped at me and failed to load anything. I'm at a crossroads as to what to do from here being that I do not know the root issue. I'm afraid my machine has finally bit the big one. I'll post the error code as well as an image of the screen. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again guys!

Error code: *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF8A01C744C00 , 0x0000000000000000 , 0xFFFFF800035C59BC , 0x0000000000000002)

http://i.imgur.com/qdWdW6D.jpg

*Edit* - I'm currently on my phone and cannot attach the image, only the imgur link is up and operational.

Edited by Bigwhiskey, 19 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Download BlueScreenView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.

when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All

Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users