Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC crashing about 5 minutes after starting up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevelovell

stevelovell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

This has been happening for quite a while now but sometimes it plays nicely and does allow me to get some work done. However it's happening with alarming frequency now and it's causing massive inconvenience.

I really need to do something right away as I'm only managing to type this in Safe Mode.

I've seen various threads in different places in the past about Event Viewer and System Dump Files etc, but I don't understand any of it, let alone what to do about it.

I really want to avoid having to re-install Windows as I have too many applications and settings etc and restoring everything would be a major chore, plus I'd never know what the problem was.

In case it's useful, here's an event log file that covers the last 2 crashes (I think):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6c4Id7Y3cTLXd6QnZkR2VZa3M/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously I'll answer any questions or provide any information ASAP.

Cheers in advance!

Steve.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Is the machine clean inside, you may be over heating.  Also please post your system specs it helps the guys out.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users