Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reborn laptop connection problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimil

jimil

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:26 AM

well this is probably an easy one but its been confusing me for awhile......i just got my laptop up and running from a previous problem nothing related to this one...it was a power isssue...i turn on the laptop connect to the internet i download SP2..now it shows a connection allway no problem on the local area connection tab...whether in conncect straight to the modem or to the router ...but its allways say that the recived packets are lower than the sent...lookin at it right now been on for about 1 min..sent is at 665 and recieved is at 99 ....it shows all the IP# under all screens i look at..ive tried many a different cables...i assume it has somthing do to with sP2 but im not sure i dont mind reformatting but i would like it better if i didnt have to...ive run all the spyware and adware programs and norton antivirus but i dont have the definitions up to date cause i cant connect to get them...also i cant even connect to my router....anything i go to says the page connot be dissplayed...any help would be much appreciated and if i didnt give enough info please just let me know ill be glad to give more details if needed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,659 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

Are you receiving an ip address from your router? What is your ip address? Only give it if its a private ip (192.168, 10,10, etc)

#3 jimil

jimil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

well i ended up getting it to work by reinstalling the drvers for the ethernet card..it works great now...i was getting an ip from the router everything was showing up fine...i matched it up to my desktop and all #'s were the same except the laptop IP obviously....it didnt show anything wrong with the card under device manager so i attributed it to the SP2 having somthing to do with it...but reinstalled drivers works great just like brand new...

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,659 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:31 AM

Good to hear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users