Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 and Office 2010 install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dominguez138

dominguez138

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

Downloaded MS Office 2010 Home & Business onto my Dell laptop that came loaded with Win 8 and Office 2013. I upgraded to Win 8.1 and uninstalled Office 2013 using CCCleaner. Then attempted to install 2010 but received the following error inside a small window "The installation of this package failed". 

I have also uninstalled the McAfee Antivirus software that came preloaded, which I am replacing later with something else. 

Any ideas out there to get 2010 installed?

Thanks,

Rich

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Download and run this utility to ensure that all remnants of Office 2013 have been removed.

Download and run this utility to remove any elements of the failed Office 2010 installation.

Now try re-installing Office 2010.

#3 dominguez138

dominguez138
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Ran both utilities and attempted to install office 2010 but am still receiving the same error message - The installation of this package has failed. Do I have any alternatives besides asking for a refund of the purchase price?

Thanks,

#4 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

It's possible that the download is incomplete or corrupt.  Try re-downloading the installation file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users