Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can not manage addons/search engines on IE11

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrs.faith

mrs.faith

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Good day everybody.

Running ie11 on windows 7, about 2 weeks ago I could not manage addons or search engine, enable/disable are not accessable. I removed avg that made me crazy with avg isearch and installed microsoft security essential, also checked using spybot search and destroy and other spyware checker with no luck. so I don't believe I am recently infected.

I reset IE also with no luck.

Other web browsers I forced to use is google chrome and firefox working fine with addons.

Please help.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

Can you please elaborate on how you reset IE?

Something else to try is to open programs and features in the control panel. On the left you'll see Turn windows features on and off. Click that and you'll see Internet Explorer in the list. Uncheck the box and click ok. Restart the computer, and then do the same process and check the box. Restart the computer one more time. See what happens after this has been done.

Edited by chrisd87, 19 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 mrs.faith

mrs.faith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

Can you please elaborate on how you reset IE?

Something else to try is to open programs and features in the control panel. On the left you'll see Turn windows features on and off. Click that and you'll see Internet Explorer in the list. Uncheck the box and click ok. Restart the computer, and then do the same process and check the box. Restart the computer one more time. See what happens after this has been done.

Hi, This did not help.

Reset is from tools/internet options/advances/reset internet explorer settings.

Thanks.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Go here and take a look at the group policy setting. You can get to this by typing gpedit.msc into the search box

1. In the Local Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer.

2. Change any or all of these settings to match your company’s policy and requirements.

• Turn off add-on performance notifications

• Automatically activate newly installed add-ons

• Do not allow users to enable or disable add-ons

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users