Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

which burning speed for the 8x writer using windows dvd maker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dungpt29

dungpt29

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I am trying to use Windows DVD Maker to make a DVD video disc.

In DVD options, I see three values for DVD burner speed including: Fastest, Medium, Slow.

I have a DVD writer. Its maximum speed is 8x.

Which speed value in Windows DVD Maker should I choice for my DVD writer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dungpt29

dungpt29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

I am using the OS that is the 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hi, Windows DVD Maker at its fastest setting will only burn at the maximum speed the drive supports. In You laptop that should be 8X.

Some people think that they get a better burn at a lower speed, such as 4X. Most likely Medium speed in that software. Which speed You use will depend on the drive, the media and personal preferences.

To sum up the reason those speed choices are presented that way is because they are not tied to any set burning speed. Or to put it another way in a Laptop for example where the drive is a 8X, fastest speed will be 8X. In a desktop that has a 16X burner then the Fastest speed will be 16X.

I hope that helps

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 19 February 2014 - 09:45 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 dungpt29

dungpt29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for your explanation. Completely, I agree with you, Roger. And my choice is the medium speed.

Edited by dungpt29, 19 February 2014 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users