Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bad windows update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theantman2006

theantman2006

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hello
Windows update keeps failing, it says
Failed 12 updates
error(s) found 12
Code 80246007

fails everytime and keeps bugging me to install them even though they fail. This means my pc takes forever to boot up as well it goes through the whole update process then fails reverts the changes and im back to square one..bit annoying.
Ive tried the windows update automatic troubleshooter - found nothing wrong..
i tried restoring to an earlier point which also fails for some reason
then i thought screw it and gutted the c: - windows - softwaredistribution - download folder, also didnt help
any help appreciated.

Edited by theantman2006, 19 February 2014 - 08:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Have you tried going into windows update and doing them one at a time?  Don't have to do it all in one sitting with 12 reboots, but maybe install one a day and then after your done at the end of the day perform the reboot it will want.  When you come across one that fails, note down what it is and move on to the next.  Be sure to click details/info on each one that fails to note its specific info or KB number.  Once you have a list of the one or few that are failing, post it here and we can assist from there to back trail potential reasons it is failing, what can be done to fix it, and or if you even need it and if not tell you how to hide it so it doesn't keep popping up.

#3 theantman2006

theantman2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

it'l take a while but oki dokie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users