Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external 2nd monitor to laptop crashes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tech3

tech3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I conected a crt monitor to laptop and i use it as primary since the other is broken. The one side is vga the other i dont know. I have amd radeon windows 7 .ive tried all options as multiple screens and as single.what hapens is that the crt becomes black then the laptops screen opens and i hear a sound like you place usb.this hapen usually when i open a program or a folder very often.anyone knows how to fix?the screen is used i just bought it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tech3

tech3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

Also this crash lasts about 5 seconds per time

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

When you have the second screen connected, right click on an empty space on your desktop and then select 'Screen resolution'. both your screens should show up in the window that opens - make sure that the external monitor is the one selected.

Have you tried changing the cable you connect the external screen with ?  You can probably just borrow one for the time it would take to test this possibility, cables can go faulty.

And finally, it is just possible that your CRT screen is faulty, especially as you say it is second hand. And, if you mean Cathode Ray Tube when you say CRT, these screens are all getting fairly old. I appreciate that money can be in short supply, but you can pick up ex-lease LED screens quite cheaply as well, and they will probably be newer.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users