Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mine is OK, is yours ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hatch20

hatch20

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

After a brief browse through this forum, it shows members are scattered worldwide, so rather than me concentrate my post on MY particular internet provider (in the UK) which happens to be talktalk, all I will say is that many people will say it has a bad name. Looking at their forum, shows many disgruntled users. 

What I will say is this, for me they are OK and those that tend to use their respective providers forums is only to complain. Rarely do you read a post of praise. Folk don't tend to do that, (imo).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

I only swing round here once in a while, but my experience with TalkTalk is that they are very patchy - when they are good, they are good, but when they are bad they are horrid.

I used to use TalkTalk myself and had a number of connection problems which never got sorted, so I switched. I live in a smallish town, pop c 17,000, and a friend of mine living at the other end of it is delighted with her TalkTalk connection and wouldn't change for the world. But you are right about people using forums to complain. After all, if everything is running in the green most of us have better things to do than to make posts saying how good things are !  But if you are paying for a service and not getting it, then you are motivated.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Is talktalk a broadband service or DSL?

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

TalkTalk is a UK telephone and broadband company. Among other things they bought out AOL's UK interests.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'd say most of the above comments could be said of the US ISPs.  I'm using Comcast and I'll say the great majority of the time I'm very happy with them; but it seems to depend on where you live and how able you are to help solve your own problem.  Fortunately I live only a 5 min. drive from one of their stores, so if one of their gadgets goes bad, I can usually diagnose it, remove it, drive to the store and get a new one.  Folks in other parts of town who don't have that luxury are really unhappy with them.  When/if I have to get a technician to come to the house, it's a crap shoot as to whether you get one who's able to deal with the problem, and it usually takes a couple of days to get them to come out.  I've heard similar complaints about other ISPs as well.  Fortunately we have underground wiring in my neighborhood so I'm very thankful for that; I think it makes a difference for the better.  

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#6 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

People only post to complain, its basically true, me included.   But there's a reason, imo, people do that.   Its because when stuff is working you are "making hay while the sun shines" so to speak.    Or like, you are finally getting somewhere, being productive, whittling down your to-do list and so you go with the flow - don't stop while things are working smoothly coz who knows when the stars and planets will be lined up like that again.

When stuff works you go with it.    When it doesn't you gripe.   That's my take on it for whatever its worth.

In my defense I will say there have been at least a few times in my life where I did go out of my way to thank someone and/or some entity for doing something right.  Its so rare the spirit moved me at that particular moment in time to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.   Maybe I get too effusive and so they think I"m weird, but it seems to be either all or nothing with me.

Oh, good, its seems at least for the time being I can post an update - its been an issue not with this site but with me/my stuff somehow.

Anyway I was going to say that TIME WARNER SUCKS.   Which is part of the reason I'm here today.  But I won't go into that on your thread because it wouldn't be nice and at least for today I'm not yet so confused/irked as to be rude and/or anti-social.

Edited by JayJax, 16 June 2014 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users