Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 steels alot

steels alot

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

i recently bought a dell inspiron 3521 and am running windows 8.1  and the wifi will connect for so long and then it will discontect and not even let me open the window to try and reconnoect sustem type is 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bizbiz

bizbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Have you updated your drivers win8.1 does have its problems I had Logitech keyboard and mouse combo workers great on win8 now won't connect and no driver available.
There will be some updates to correct these issues, meanwhile check your drivers from manufacture websites.

#3 steels alot

steels alot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

yes i have updated the drivers and the problem still continues

#4 bizbiz

bizbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

It maybe your modem contact your ip ask them ,,,,may need your firmware updated.
They may ask to remote your computer to check modem settings.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d799e421-c965-4b0c-9829-1dc2c37fbb58/windows-81-loses-internet-connectivity?forum=w8itpronetworking

#5 steels alot

steels alot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

i have updated the firmware abd did the other thing you suggest the problem is still there.

#6 bizbiz

bizbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Does the problem exist if you Connect by cat 5 cable.
LAN cable direct from computer to modem.

#7 steels alot

steels alot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

how do i updated my firmware

#8 bizbiz

bizbiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

Hi
I got this off a forum maybe try this first.
As it maybe a driver problem.did you try it with a cable direct.
Your ip should help with the firmware update
As you have to download firmware then go into modem settings and choose update it may reset all your setting so best to have an expert help you through if not sure.

Hello again,

About my wireless driver problem, thought I should let you that i finally got it solved, in case other people have the same problem as me.

I did not reset my laptop to factory settings, also didn't instal other OS, I just simply downloaded the driver from here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3521?driverId=7RVKH&osCode=W764&fileId=3317555993&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI

The same location I tried to download a month ago, but now instead of downloading the first driver,for the 64-bit version I downloaded the second driver, called:

"Network_Driver_7RVKH_WN_6.30.223.99_A04.exe" ,which I think it's the 32-bit version, but it worked for me anyway on my 64-bit win7 version.

And now it finally works :D .

Ty for your help, hope this will help other that have the same problem.

Bye :D

Another post
Hi p_ashbee,

Windows 8.1 drivers are available in the support website for Inspiron 3521. Please find the link below for Dell Wireless 1705 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth driver:

http://dell.to/Hatm9A

Let me know if this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users