Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong time at startup.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bradner

Bradner

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hallo guys.A few days ago my time at startup of the pc is wrong. The timezone is correct and ticked. 

I have changed the battery of my ups these days. Can this affect? 

Also i have an instability with my network these days.

My motherboard is 1,5 years old so i dont think that the cmos battery is nearly dead.

Can you help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Check the clock in BIOS. If it is off, set the correct time and keep an eye on it. If it changes, then it is your CMOS battery. You might want to change the time server as shown here.

#3 Bradner

Bradner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ichecked the time in the BIOS, it wasnt off. Ialso changed the time server, but i dont know if it helps because with the default server at sychronizing everything works fine. So if it is the cmos battery, is there something that i need to know for the replacement. Where can i find it?

The existing battery is a Newsun cr2032. Do i have to put the same or i can put whatever i want?

Edited by Bradner, 18 February 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

If the BIOS clock wasn't off, I'm not sure it would be the battery. But if you do change it, you will need a CR2032. Doesn't make a difference what the make is. They are fairly cheap, especially on ebay.

#5 Bradner

Bradner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

How can I check that the clock is not setted off from the bios?
In the system panel at time and date there is nowhere a switch on/off.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

You cannot switch the system clock off from the BIOS, if that is how I understand the question. The BIOS clock sets the Windows clock. I would change the battery and see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users