Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs keep losing focus.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antipodes

Antipodes

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I currently have two computers running Windows 7.  I chronically have problems with the maximized window losing focus, for example while running a video in fullscreen.  It happens roughly every 10 minutes.  It will still happen when seemingly nothing else is running.  Is there any solution to this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

When was the last time you cleaned it out, dust bunnies will raise cane with any system.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Can you give the make and model of these computers please, or publish a Speccy report for both.

problems with the maximized window losing focus . . .  It happens roughly every 10 minutes

I am not clear what is happening here. Does the video lose focus for a second or two and then return to normal, or do you have to shut the computer down and wait 5 or 10 minutes before you can start up again ?  Without a little more information, it is difficult to fix in my mind what is happening.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Antipodes

Antipodes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hrm, maybe my last post was poorly worded.  The problem I have is windows losing full screen without my wanting them to lose fullscreen.  Example: Videos or games played fullscreen.  

Can you give the make and model of these computers please, or publish a Speccy report for both.

I'd be happy to do this, but I don't know how to give a Speccy report.  Not sure if this is even still relevant since I think my original question was misconstrued.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users