Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scripts stop running. sometimes must do hard shut down and start over

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 paw51

paw51

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I will be wrting about my husband's new (manufacturer refurbished) laptop.  He is getting pop up message saying "a script has stopped running.  You may wait for it to run again or stop script".  He will stop script, but sometimes it does not work and the same message keeps popping up.

He is using a Dell Latitude D620, running Windows 7 and Intel Centrino Duo

2.00 Gb of RAM and a 32 bit operating system capable of becoming 64 bit

Security is:

Avast Premium

Win Patrol (free)

Malwarebytes (purchased)

He also has Firefox addon:

Adblock Plus

Adblock Edge

Browser Protect

My husband sustained damage to his short term memory during a biopsy a few years ago, hence my efforts to prevent ads popping up and tempting him.  He also looks up sites specializing in the naked female form, but no activity involved unless it is just moving around, if you get my meaning.  Nothing hard core and he does watch the "safe" signals on the browser results.  I also got him to remember not to click on the topics/ads on the sides of the pages he looks at.

Other than this script problem I wanted to know if there was a way to speed up what the computer does.  He uses Facebook and some of their games, YouTube and does searches on various subjects from history to card tricks and those mentioned above.  He complains it can take seemingly forever for things to boot up like puling up emails and game play as well as the script problem hanging up the computer and the problem when telling the script to stop running and it refuses, necessitating a hard shut down.

Can someone there help me?  Forgive me in advance if it takes a few days for me to respond.  Because of my husbands brain damage I take care of everything as well as volunteering to foster homeless dogs and transport them.  I also go out on drive and foot searches for lost dogs when the location is close enough to me.

Sincerely,

Pat Armstrong

Edited by hamluis, 19 February 2014 - 07:42 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

It might be worth your time to post in Am I Infected just to rule that out.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Repost in AII, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524884/a-script-has-stopped-running-message-frequently-sometimes-locking-up-computer/ .

Topic closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users