Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard drivers replaced with something greater custom or new bios? Crapwar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Howdy1229

Howdy1229

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

I prefer to keep my machine off until ya give it the okay due changes to I can take photos of the bios technically uefi which it was before just not 4005. I got hit by rootki malware among others and lost control but it updated my bios to something since I am not admin(was removed). I can tell you some that has changed including major difference in overclocking and power it might have installes a dual operating system Linux as well. . I'd like to dump these potential threats. get back to factory or best working range on the hardware than more to other horrible mess that is my hard drive.

Everyone computer in my network is also not detecting normal Internet so please bear with me on mobile.

Asus P9deluxeX79
Cpu 3930k watercooled
16gb
Radeon7970

Modified corrected my first statement

Edited by hamluis, 19 February 2014 - 01:34 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Howdy1229

Howdy1229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

After a bit of research I found that I indeed am under underattack from at least a rootkit scvhost. I didn't understand what was happening but I had given the firewall blocks however it turned out I was being hijacked. I don't want to do any more damage most of the programs running I didn't even have on my computer before this. It must have access to my Asus suite which gives you the ability to change the settings of the motherboard. When I am on Windows it's installing driver hard ware(maybe from the changed bios settings) It changed all my drives to hotplugs and I am still not comfortable with the version numbers of the bios . If I gave it enough permission with the firewall changes and being able to change bios should I be worried about the amount of time I am in the system or just do safe mode?

Edited by Howdy1229, 22 February 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

This will need specialized service.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Howdy1229

Howdy1229
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

I will get it posted up, do the these type of wares feed more toward deception to gain access or does it just slowly add special permissions when able? Seems to accelerate

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

See post 2 here by quietman
The Rootkit part.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174098/combofix/?hl=%2Brootkits#entry974788
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users