Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Recovery that keeps file hierarchy ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pawelwrobl

pawelwrobl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I deleted many folders that I did not want to delete. I tried using Recuva and see many files that I want to recovery.

I do not want to recover and organize all the files in the folders manually. Is there a way to recover the files so that the folders/file hierarchy is kept?

Will Recuva do that or is there a better recovery software to do that?

Thanks.

-Pawel

Additional Information: I am on Windows 8. I was moving files to my Google drive. I thought that I selected one file, but my entire desktop started to copy into my drive folder. I tried to stop this action. When I did stop this action, all of my desktop folders were gone. I checked my trash folder. The folder/files were not there. I checked in my drive folder. The folder/files were not there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Try using the System Restore, choose a restore point prior to the removal of the files.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 pawelwrobl

pawelwrobl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Thanks. That is a good idea. I tried it, but Window's System Restore did not work.

It actually made the problem worse. Running the recover software before Window's System Restore, I was able to see many files. After Window's System Restore, the percent of recoverable files dropped significantly.

Furthermore, Window's System Restore did not work well. Only certain folders were recovered, even though all folders were in the same location.

Edited by pawelwrobl, 18 February 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

Have you looked in the recycle bin to see if they are there?

Another option would be to use Recuva.

Edited by dc3, 19 February 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users