Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I've been "hacked?"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aerasyn

Aerasyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

I play an unofficial online game and someone on it is making my computer type back to me things that i've said on the game. it only happened while i was in the game originally. i tried unpluggin my keyboard one time and it stopped. but today it happened while i was in a different game altogether. it seems as if what i said was recorded somehow and they are forcing my keyboard to send the characters to me. if im on my desktop things start going haywire from the key commands and stuff like that. if i open notepad it shows the typed messages. please assist.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Happy83

Happy83

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

From what you say, your computer has been hacked (with at least) a key-logger installed.

I suggest:

1. Googgle "Trusteer Rapport",

download the free program,

install it and read instructions how to protect your keyboard entries when you are connected on the internet.

2. Uninstall  the game(s)

3. Ensure that your anti-virus program is up to date, and run full computer scan.

4. On the homepage of BleepingComputer, I found the recommendation for  

MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Pro

5. I believe a free version of Anti-Malware Pro is available. Use this if at all possible

DO NOT do any financial transactions over your PC,

before you know that the key-logger has been killed-off.

6.Come back to this forum for help from people who are better equipped than I to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users