My apologies for being somewhat unclear.
The command you ran....ipconfig etc etc was in response to an error shown in MiniToolBox
Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon.exe.....shows in the SecurityCheck scan. It is another AntiVirus program.
Are you able to update it ???.....this is most important....If you are, then we can uninstall MSE.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
, and in the Search programs and files text box, type Appwiz.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Microsoft Security Essentials, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer,
This will leave ONE antivirus on your pc
Report back with the answer, please.....again I stress.....you MUST be able to update Trend, before you uninstall MSE
No need to worry about Zone Alarm Toolbar......AdWCleaner has remedied that...:(Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ofallonp\AppData\Roaming\CheckPoint\ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar)
I would definitely Remove /Uninstall Search Protection (Version: 126.96.36.199)
The Spigot Search Settings is an application which is part of the Spigot Toolbar. Spigot search settings.exe's purpose is to check periodically your default search engine and restore it to Yahoo
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Please scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner
Disable active Antivirus and Antimalware programs How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virusHow To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
This scan is best performed with Internet Explorer, as it uses ActiveX
If you will not use Internet Explorer, then please read item 3 in this post
1 - Open Internet Explorer and hold down Control (Ctrl) key and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 - Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3 - For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
a - Click on eset.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
b - Double click on the icon on your desktop.
5 - Click the Start button.
6 - Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 - Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 - Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 - ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
10 - Please be patient as this will take some time (first time scans are always longer).
11 - When the scan completes, click List Threats
12 - Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
13 - Click the Back button and then Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
If no infections are found then please tell me -
You can ignore any ESET detection of AdwCleaner...it is a false positive detection.
Edited by Condobloke, 22 February 2014 - 09:33 PM.