Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bookmark chaos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

I've been using Windows xp for years and my brother-in-law just gave me a computer running Vista. One thing I noticed is that the bookmark applet is chaotic. All I want is to put forward a list of bookmarks and click on one. With Vista, I see bookmark menus, bookmark toolbars, unsorted bookmarks, etc. All I want is to see a list of bookmarks to click on from one place like I was able to do with XP. Is there a way of modifying the bookmark menu so all I need to do is click on an icon, have all my bookmarks show up, click on the one I want instead of hunting through trees of extraneous data. Is that option available?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

When you click on Favorites and Add Favorite just leave it selected on Favorites in the box and it will be like old time sakes.

pierce_maintain_browser_consistency_ie9_

Edited by cryptodan, 17 February 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Here's where I'm going crazy. This seems so simple but I can't find the Add a favorite applet you indicate. When I click on the yellow star, I get Edit this bookmark. When I click on the star on the right with the drop down arrow, I get a mass of options. I'm sure this is very simple but I'm missing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users