Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Guy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RT1

RT1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hello all,

I decided to join this forum to help learn how to correct some pretty serious mistakes with building a computer and to avoid such in the future.  You will find me to be rather easy going and only wish to find out stuff and learn how to use it.  I am not here to troll or create disharmony.

I just built a new computer and even though it came out pretty well overall, I made a couple of serious mistakes with it.

I am very interested in digital music production and now wish to expand that to digital video productions.  I use Cakewalk Sonar X2 software for audio and recently picked up a free download of Lightworks 11.5 for video production.  I have been connecting digital devices like cameras, MIDI keyboards and mixers to my computer.  While all of this has been a lot of fun, I am finding that I am swimming in the deep end of the pool, mostly because of my pedestrian level computer skills.   I have a few problems to overcome and may ask a few dumb questions.  I promise that if I do ask those questions it will be AFTER searching the forums to find those answers first.

All that said, I hope to learn and find enjoyment from this experience.

respectfully, RT1 (Donnie)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

#3 RT1

RT1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to this forum.  Any suggestions or directions to look at first?  I'm in the "a bit overwhelmed" stage right now!! :-)

#4 bminker

bminker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Been using this site for years but never registered

#5 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

These two areas might be of interest.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/82/new-user-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

Edited by GB2064, 18 February 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#6 RT1

RT1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thank you for the suggestions I will certainly look at these.  Lots of information on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users