Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario 2500 Laptop Restarts Again And Again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arshso

arshso

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hey guys..
My compaq presario 2500 laptop had a little accident in which the laptop fell from my lap onto the ground and the screen stopped working. I got the screen replaced 2 months ago and the laptop seemed to work fine up until today when it started to reboot and will not go any further than that. It keeps rebooting and does not even take me to the log in screen where you choose the user. I have windows XP home edition on my presario. Any suggestions?
Please help.
Arshso

Edited by arshso, 12 May 2006 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:27 AM

power/ram/hdd/software
not real specific eh? try these, theyll help

ram>www.memtest86.com
hdd> as far as i think, you have a 60 gig hdd, prob.toshiba or ibm, either way the ibm diag disk will work to diagnose a bad hdd.http://www.ibm.com/us/
software> try to run an OS repair using your windows disk, if ytou cant, then you know it is hardware related
power>is your power adapter working? your battery any good? check the voltage/amp using a multimeter

hope this helped a bit, laps are sometimes a bugger, it will likely boil down to either bad memory or bad hdd, so i would strongly urge you to do both og these.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 MagicMike

MagicMike

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:57 AM

You may just have some file corruption. Boot to your Windows XP CD > go to the repair console > at the C:\ prompt type in chkdsk /r
Let this run to completion then type exit to reboot to your hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users