Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Remove Blank White Space in Word 2013?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 K23

K23

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I am currently editing a document that has be 1 page max in length.

I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the white blank space in both of the header and footer with Word 2013. As I want to make the most of the page given my space limits and I can't seem to find anything useful on how to get rid of this white space.

If someone can show me a  very simple way of getting rid of the white space I would be grateful!

Thank you,

K23,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

You could try increasing your page margins.

#3 K23

K23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

You could try increasing your page margins.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean? How would increasing the margins reduce the white space? 

#4 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Go to the Page Layout tab, click on Margins and select Narrow.  This will reduce the margins all round the page to 1/2".

If you still find your document is a little too long, try using the Shrink One Page command.  The instructions for doing that can be found here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users