Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP Computer/Mouse gone mad.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

Morning I hope somebody can help me .my computer is acting up, it jumps when I go on   to websites also when I go on my emails .

I  click on  inbox and and it takes 15/20 sec's before it comes up. Same if I go to spam or trash ,it is very annoying. I go on a website and a page

comes up I choose the one I want and before I can click on it it as jumped and end up clicking something else.  that's one problem .

the next is my mouse, it wont do as its' told,  I try to drag and drop something and it either wont go or it goes' then moves back. Or it freezes and wont move at all. I have tried other devices even the old fashioned wired mouse.no difference. I have run several antivirus software.

but I am getting nowhere .  can anyone suggest another track.

PLEASE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

What exactly have you tried so far?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 EileenAZ

EileenAZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Have you tried replacing the mouse? That should be your first step.

#4 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

I have tried three others. Two wireless ones and a wired one.it acts just the same. I have 8 usb ports 4 at the back and 4 0n the front and I have tried them all. it seems like it could be the computer but I don't know what.to do about
that. that's were you come in (hopefully).

Ps thanks for replying..

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

What exactly have you tried so far?

Please answer my question.  This way I can avoid asking you to try solutions you have already tired.

Look in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warnings or red error icons.

Edited by dc3, 18 February 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

I have looked in device manager and I can't see any yellow warnings or red errors.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Reopen the Device Manager and scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and click on the clear diamond to expand the tree.

Double click on the mouse (usually it will show HID-compliant mouse) and click on the Driver tab.

Uninstall the driver and click on OK.

Restart your computer.  When you do this the installation wizard will recognize the mouse as new hardware and will install a new driver for it.

Have you tried anything other than changing the mouse?

#8 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Thanks DC3  I am sure you are right what your telling me but I am reluctant to uninstall anything I am not sure about, especially drivers.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Windows has drivers which are installed as part of the operating system, these are referred to as "native" drivers.  There is a store of these within the operating system, so there's no problem with uninstalling this type of driver as it will be replaced the next time the computer is started.  

This is about the best I can do as far as reassuring you that this is safe and will not cause any further problems.  If you are still uncomfortable with doing this I'll understand.  But this will mean that I've gone about as far as I can in trying to resolve your problem.

#10 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

Thanks once again DC3 I have trusted you and uninstalled the driver, will let you know how I go on .

#11 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

What model of mouse? Some have a dpi button on top (bad location) and it changes the speed of the cursor. Just thought I would throw that out there.

#12 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

Thanks all of you for helping I really appreciate it. since I uninstalled the drivers as  per  DC3 advice the mouse as worked perfect.so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users