Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Possible With Outlook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ernster

Ernster

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Hi guys, I need an answer for work.

Outlook has a phone dialing function as well as a way to record notes about a phone call.

I need a way to connect my laptop to my mobile phones internet and then make calls through outlook using my mobile phones internet/credit/data.

I think I would need other software for this to work, I'm not sure.

The overall goal is to call email contacts through outlook and record notes but using my mobile phones internet/credit.

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

Outlook telephony is for analogue lines with modems.... but,

There is a Skype plugin for Outlook that will let you do exactly what you want. Subject to Skype credit of course.

#3 Ernster

Ernster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

I have heard the same from my research.

However someone else on anothe forum said I can tether my mobile to the laptop and outlook will be able to call? Somethign to do with TAPAI....What do you think?

Besides Skype is there any othe way you know of,.Paying for Skype wont be what my work is looking for.

Thankyou.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

I've not heard of TAPAI before. but a quick search shows IP related telephony... It's really not my field though.

Google may serve you better than a forum in this case, it's a very niche requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users