Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Keeps Turning Off Help Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 nikkio3000

nikkio3000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

hi, i've been having this problem for a week now, my monitor keeps powering off at first i thought it was windows xp's power settings and i went in a changed them to never and disabled the screen saver, that was'nt it, i switched monitors , nope, then i switched graphic cards, still the same problem, i booted in safemode to see if it was a software problem it did the same thing........i'm baffled this is the first time i have encountered anything like this, it happens about a half hour into booting up it's weird cause the monitor shuts off (even clicking the monitors power button on and off dosent help) but the computer itself is still running fine.............please anyone , help :thumbsup: thanx in advance. :huh:

oh, i also ran a virus scan that did'nt help either :-)

Edited by nikkio3000, 12 May 2006 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Sounds as if it could be the video card overheating. Do you know what kind of video card you have? Have you checked it to see if it has a fan and if the fan has stopped running?

You don't have a "sleep" button or something like that on your keyboard?

#3 nikkio3000

nikkio3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:21 PM

hi, yeah i have a sleep button but it dosent work, :-) hmmm yeah the cards have a fan i think let me check and see if they work..............well one card a ati all in wonder pro has a fan and it spins fine , the other is a radeon 9250 and it dosent have one , i used the radeon to check to see if it was a graphic card problem before,...................it's so weird.....................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users