Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 restart problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roymorgan276

roymorgan276

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

I purchased a Lenovo G400s Touch laptop a couple of weeks back. I am running Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 came pre-installed and hence I don't have a Windows CD) / Intel i5 processor / 4 GB RAM. Video cards: Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce 2GB

Since the last two days I am having a problem where when I restart my system it automatically gives me a black screen, nothing happens at all and I have to shut down my laptop by pressing the power button and then start it again. 

Also, at times my WiFi adapter (Qualcomm Atheros) won't detect any wifi networks around even when other devices do. I have to disable and enable the WiFi adapter from Network settings to get it running. 

Refreshing my PC is my last option as I shall lose a lot of apps and other stuff. Can someone offer me a work around?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

A Refresh will remove any programs which were downloaded or installed from a DVD,  It will not effect any apps that came with Windows or from the Windows store.

If this computer came with Windows 8 and was upgraded to 8.1 it we revert back to Windows 8 and you will need to upgrade to 8.1 if you wish to have it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users