Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will it work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SubZer0

SubZer0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I was wondering if this USB 3.0 Hub thing (http://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-E-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/ref=pd_cp_e_0) will work with my mother board (http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4519#bios). But here is the catch, My graphics card is so big that it covers up the 2 small PCI connectors, (PCIEX1_1 is covered and PCIEX1_2 would be a tight squeeze and possibly block air flow to the graphics card fan) I was wondering if I can put the PCI express card in the one of the two large PCI ports at the bottom (left side on the image) Or the PCIEX4 to the right of those. I just don't know because it is bigger then the card. 

I also read some where that if I were to put in something to the PCI port it could slow down my graphics card or something? I'm not really sure on that one. Anyway I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

yes you can and it should work, I say it should work. It has no bearing on your GPU or any other part of your system except for power draw and the bus speed of the pci slot itself.

Some screen shots would really help in acssessing your issue along with what system specs you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users