Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc won't boot properly, no display after malware removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 somenoob

somenoob

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Hi everyone! So here's my problem...I've been having issues with crashes for a while. I finally figured out that the CPU was overheating due to worn thermal paste so fixed that, however the PC kept freezing randomly and my Nvidia graphics driver kept crashing. I also noticed an svchost process was using up heaps of memory. A google search led me to the Malwarebytes site with a post about a bitcoin miner using up heaps of memory and creating heavy load on the GPU which I figured could be my problem. I ran RogueKiller 64, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit then Combofix the same as the instructions in the thread. Combofix removed three files, two of which were temporary files but I don't have access to the log to know exactly what they were. After I finished running Combofix my system started freezing up even worse than before so I did a reboot. It booted up slowly the first time but no signal was getting to the monitor. Now it doesn't seem to boot at all. Having just read the posting rules I realise now that running Combofix was probably a stupid idea but is there any way to repair whatever I've done to it? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit as well. Thanks for help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Please...follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and submit the requested DDS log, along with your ComboFix log, in the body of the new topic which you will create.  New topic is to be created in same forum hosting the Prep Guide.

Once the new topic is created...post a link to it in this topic.

To prevent confusion, this topic will then be closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users