Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Screen Broke, Need info on Replacing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cheesety210

Cheesety210

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Need help finding a screen replacement for a Asus G46 laptop. Model Number: G46VW - BHI5N43

Not gonna spend $400 at Bestbuy to replace it.

All I need is a link to ebay, or laptopscreen.

Here's what I've found:

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/G46VW-BHI5N43/

I can do the replacing myself, I just need to make sure I have the right screen to replace to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Have a look here....this is just for the part, you'll have to replace it or find some one who can.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/G46/

It looks fairly simple to do....

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

You can find screens on Ebay and other sites for very reasonable prices, then go onto Youtube and find a tutorial . I s much more simple than many think.  KEY just take your time.  Punch in your model number I bet you will find a dozen or so!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Cheesety210

Cheesety210
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Have a look here....this is just for the part, you'll have to replace it or find some one who can.

Can I use a G46 on a G46VW?

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Can I use a G46 on a G46VW?

You need to check the vendor lists they are very good a posting compatible models.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

MAKE CERTAIN: if you do this repair yourself to remove the power adapter and the battery, you can short out your main board by removing/reconnecting the ribbon cable if you leave a power source connected.

Also when buying a new lcd panel, use the part number on the current lcd panel itself, for example it may be WXGA15.6XXXX rev 1.2 or WXGAXXXX 502. Make sure you use the entire number...

Edited by zingo156, 17 February 2014 - 10:58 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 Cheesety210

Cheesety210
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hello all who have helped, I thank you very much. Laptopscreen made a speedy delivery, it was predicted to be a 8 day delivery and got it in 3.

I am looking at myself typing this on my brand-new fixed screen. It was fairly simple.

WARNING TO ASUS G46 USERS WHO ARE REPLACING SCREENS:

When taking off the plastic case thingy, use a professional tool (plastic putty knife). We used just a plate scraper and broke several plastic snaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users