Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Hdtv Should I Get?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wiseacre

wiseacre

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Ok, Iím getting an HDTV. What should I get:

1. Plasma TV
2. LCD TV
3. DLP TV

I'm leaning heavily towards the 3rd option, itís the cheapest, and Iíve heard good things about DLP: http://www.dlp.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

DLP is a type of rear projection tv. It wont be as easy to see at all angles like plasma and lcd but it does have good picture quality from what I have seen. Way better than the standard old rear projection tvs.

DLP is a cheap way to get into HDTV. Make sure it has a DVI port so you can use the new HD dvd players and other things as it is a all digital input so you dont loose signal quality.

I dont have a hdtv but I have a 21in pc monitor with more resolution than a normal hdtv and I got a MYHD pc tuner card so I can watch and record hdtv.

Enjoy the HDTV! Its like being there almost!

#3 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

Oh, I can't wait to be there (almost)! I'm trying to be responsible about my choice, usually I'm an impulse buyer. The main reason I'm considering DLP (aside from price) is that my current set has things burned into it from gaming.† I am not responsible about this, and I don't want to ruin my brand new exciting set the first time I pass out in front of the TV with my game paused.† As far as I'm aware DLP is the only option that prevents burn-in. This is the model I'm looking at: http://www.dlp.com/home_entertainment/home...tail.asp?id=853

#4 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

I did it, I bought it last night! So sweet. I took it home and watched "Day After Tomorrow" Got my block fully busted. Now it's time for some gaming. I feel pretty happy about my set. It was cool, I'd read all the stuff on the DLP site about DLP having the fastest response time, but didn't really know what that meant so I asked the salesguy to demonstrate it and he did using this sports tape they had. You could really see how much clearer DLP was than Plasma (that's what he used as the comparison). I'm not really enough of a sports nerd to care, but it's cool anyway. I wish that he'd used a game to demonstrate that.

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:51 PM

I wish I had a HDTV hopefully I will get oen next years...

Are you gaming with an XBOX 360... how is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users