Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing addresses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coaltrain

coaltrain

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yesterday, Feb. 15, 2014, I changed  auto fill to use the card in my contacts.  Then I opened contacts to edit my card and everything, everyone was gone except my personal card and the Apple card.  I don't have iPhone or iCloud backup.  No backup at all. Any thoughts from the Masters of the Computer Universe?  Thanks, Oh Great and Noble Ones.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

Which version of the Mac OS are you using? Which version of Safari?

More than likely know that information won't help me find a solution, but you never know. I have already tried a several Google searches to see if I could find someone else reporting a problem like what you describe, but found nothing.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried turning off autofill and see if somehow things revert to how they were? I doubt they will, but it worth a try.

#3 coaltrain

coaltrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'm using a mac book air with OS X 10.9.1 and safari version 7.0.1.    I did turn off autofill but nothing changed,  Very curious behavior.  I too looked to google for help but found none.  Lots of problems with smart phones b;ut nothing helpful to me.  Thanks for the reply.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm using a mac book air with OS X 10.9.1 and safari version 7.0.1.    I did turn off autofill but nothing changed,  Very curious behavior.  I too looked to google for help but found none.  Lots of problems with smart phones b;ut nothing helpful to me.  Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to have an Apple Store near by? If so, then my best suggestion would be to make a "Genius" appointment with them and ask them about it.

Since you were not using iCloud or some other syncing service, I can not see anything that might cause that result other than a bug of some sort. If you had a syncing service, then that could have been the culprit as they sometimes do strange things.

I just don't have a good answer other that maybe talk to Apple Support. The only other thing is maybe create a post about the issue on Apple's forums…that might be a better option as there are likely a LOT more Mac users on Apple's support forums, which would increase your chance that someone might know something.

#5 coaltrain

coaltrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Thanks a bunch for your attention.  I'm in Montana and the nearest Apple store is 250 miles away.  E Gad.  So I'll try the Apple support and see where that gets me.  Wish me luck and thanks again.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Thanks a bunch for your attention.  I'm in Montana and the nearest Apple store is 250 miles away.  E Gad.  So I'll try the Apple support and see where that gets me.  Wish me luck and thanks again.

Yeah, a 250 mile drive does not sound like a viable alternative, unless you REALLY, REALLY need those contacts back.   :wink:

That would leave you with Apple Phone Support. I believe you will have to pay for any help from them.

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

FWIW, I checked with someone more in "the know" (works in the Mac press industry) and he had not heard of anything like this either. He agreed that either calling Apple directly or posting to the Apple support forums is likely you best path.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users