Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and keyboard phantom button presses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seniri

Seniri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Okay, so I'm really close to losing my mind now. This problem first made itself apparent when I go into the ESO beta weekend January 18. I experienced a fair amount of lag and my inputs would seem to... save up with no response, then register a few moments later. Just seemed like lag. But since then, what happens is randomly while in a game, browsing the internet, watching a movie, any time at all, my mouse will click automatically and my keyboard seems to phantom keypresses, generally the WASD buttons. It lasts about 5-10 minutes and will occur maybe five times daily. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, tried multiple keyboards and mice, used different ports, this seems to be either a motherboard problem or a software problem, it's not the input devices themselves. Using 'sfc /scannow' gave me no integrity violations.

I'm curious if anybody has any advice - refresh windows seemed like a good idea but I get the response Windows is missing media files (or something similar) and requires the installation disc/USB. I'm willing to do a full reinstalltion, but hesitant because I'm sure there is a quicker fix than that.

Anyone else had this problem?

Edited by Seniri, 16 February 2014 - 12:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

A ‘no-reformat reinstall’ for Windows 8 - by Fred Langa

#3 Seniri

Seniri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thanks, I've tried refresh, requires you to make a restore USB (or something similar, cant recall the wording.) Even with the USB it decided to tell me it's missing files =/

#4 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Restore is the first step to try, Refresh the second and third is a Reset.

MIcrosoft.com > How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users