Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 shutdown problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ambroslamb97

ambroslamb97

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hello! I'm currently using windows 8 Pro (64bit) for quite some time.... Before that my PC was in good state. The start up and shut down time was very fast. Since these few days my PC juz cant shut down properly. After i pressed shut down then it says shutting down then the screen goes black and it never power off it self..... the components are still running.... i have tried to wait for awhile but its still like that. How to do??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary_R

Gary_R

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

I had the same problem after I updated the AMD video card driver.  I rolled back the driver under Display Adapters in device manager and it solved the problem.  I hope this helps!

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

What are your system specs may help the guys thoughts!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users