Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shortcut issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poorcomputerboy

poorcomputerboy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I had a virus or something that now cleaned up but most of my destop icons once I select them it says to shortcut is missing. Even some programs in my start, all programs, are doing to same thing saying the short cut is missing so I can't access the programs. Is there a way I can reset all these icons in the registry or someplace to fix this... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Here is a link to file association fixes. You want to download the LNK association fix. Unzip it to the desktop in an admin account and then right click and select merge. Then reboot and see if it solves the issue.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

this application will fix up icons after malware cleanup.... a pile of other stuff too.

use default settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users