Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it worth buying this used laptop?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Glitch93

Glitch93

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

I've been looking at laptops on ebay for quite a bit, as I'm on a dirt cheap-scate budget and I'm trying to find something decent with the very limited amount of money I have!

The specs on this laptop look awesome BUT it's slightly faulty and I'm wondering if anyone on here can tell me if the problem it has, is a cheap/quick fix? (I asked the seller but they said "I'm not a computer person so I don't know sorry") That's helpful :/

The fault as quoted by the seller: "Hi i dont know whats wrong with it i am not a computer person i used it for gaming but one day i plugged it in and it turned off it works off the battery but it does not work of the charger. i got a new laptop all ready thats why i am selling sorry if i am not very helpful but i am not a computer person "

Here's the laptop: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-XPS-L501X-15-6-Laptop-/121275398560?pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item1c3c93b9a0

oh yeah, my first post

Hello, hi, um...kanichiwa...bonjour... :mellow:

Edited by Glitch93, 15 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

It could be as simple as a broken charger, but it could also be a faulty motherboard or a range of other problems....

I would avoid it.

#3 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Do not do it, you will get screwed so fast you might be on mars by tomorrow! Never buy anything that doesn't work on the internet. THAT IA A BAD IDEA, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH IT!

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

#4 Glitch93

Glitch93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

advice taken! thanks a lot guys, my search continues

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Though I fully agree with the advice given, you can find very good deals on Ebay.  I have bought a ton of stuff with little regrets, always look to see if the item is covered by the Ebay money back.  I had one minor incident with a defective part, the issue was resolved in about a week so don't be totally scared off but be cautious.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users