Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem connecting Sony Vaio with Acer monitor G206HQL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Antonios Ktenas

Antonios Ktenas

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Hi

I just bought few days before an LCD monitor acer G206HQL , i tried the first time to connect it into Sony Vaio notebook with vga cable (both of them). The monitor monitor wrrote "no signal" , i tried to fix the problem go to preferences, changing the resolution of the second screen, set the mode for external monitor, but nothing. 
The second time i tried to connect the notebook with HDMI and monitor with vga, but again nothing, the monitor wrote cable not connected. I went to the graphic card settings and it spotted the monitor, but it doesn't recognise it. It writes "uknown". Please can you help me fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Whenever you're having an issue connecting to a monitor try this:

1. Connect the monitor with the machine powered off

2. Turn on the monitor

3. Turn on the computer.

Normally this will allow you to connect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users