Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comments removed from a post - what happened?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

On Feb 12, I posted a question about Windows Update in the Windows 7 forum, The title was "Windows Update does not download any updates". See the post at

My last comment added to this posting was on Feb 13. Following this comment, there were two more comments posted:
(1) Someone posted a message apologizing for the condescending comments by some of the individuals who had responded to my post. 
(2) Another comment was posted saying that there were no condescending comments. 

This morning both of these comments are gone!!!!  How can this be? What happened to the comments? Could this be considered a form of censorship?

Someone please explain.  

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hello GoshenBleeping.

This morning both of these comments are gone!!!!

That was me, and I meant to send you a PM about it but I neglected to. I apologize. The comments were reported, reviewed, and subsequently removed because the topic was beginning to degenerate into a personal argument. Because of this any comments that were not in line with the original subject matter were removed.

From the Forum Rules:

There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.

I hope this makes sense. I am very glad that you found a solution for your issue, and I apologize for the confusion regarding your topic.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. BC is a wonderful resource and I was unhappy with the responses I had received for my post. I agree that it had degenerated into personal arguments. Actually, if you want to remove the entire post, that would be fine with me. None of the posters helped me so you might as well remove it.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users