Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan "wincpu.exe" virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler_Sharp

Tyler_Sharp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

I was having trouble with constant 100% CPU usage and had mutiple of the same programms open in task manager, I then used McAfee to scan my pc and found c:\mine\64\wincpu.exe as a trojan virus and proceeded to close the "wincpu" programs and brought my CPU down to 25% so i know its a problem.

I cant delete the whole c:\mine folder without administrator permissions and am not sure if it is the right choice to do so.

Please can i have suggestions on what to do next? 

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

The executable is part of a Bitcoin Mining program and is frequently installed by other malware.

I would suggest that you follow Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from Item 6.

Once you have posted your log you may have to wait up to 3 days for someone to respond to you.  Please be patient.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

No need for new topic, I moved this one to the proper forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users