Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Stuck In Reboot Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greghamilton

greghamilton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Hello,

I am new to this forum.  How are you all doing?

I have a computer that is running Windows XP and it is stuck in the reboot screen.  The screen says something like Windows apoligizes for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully.

Then it gives you choices:  safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last know config, and start windows normally.

No matter which option I choose, it goes to the reboot screen with the Windows XP icon hovering in the middle of the screen for about one second, then it immediately goes back to the reboot screen I described above.  If I do not choose an option, you can see it counting down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and then the Windows XP icon comes up for a second, but immediately goes back to the reboot screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on something I can try to get this thing going again?  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Good morning :).

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

When you say it goes back to the reboot screen, do you mean that it keeps rebooting? If so, press F8 just before the windows logo appears. This will give you a bigger menu. Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Then instead of rebooting, it will show a blue screen error. Write down what it says and post it here. Unless you mean it's looping directly between the logo and menu screens, then, I don't know.

#4 greghamilton

greghamilton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Thanks everyone.  We ended up getting it going by copying the hard drive of another computer.

Edited by hamluis, 16 February 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

:thumbup2:

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users