Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Wireless Adapter and TV Tuner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

Have used an Edimax wireless 802.11b/g/n nano USB Adapter and a HD Homerun Dual TV Tuner and I'm not crazy about either.  Figured I'd put both of these questions into one post instead of opening two of them.

Anybody have luck with something like these that aren't too expensive?

One thing I didn't like about the TV tuner is I couldn't get analog stations listed, just digital and I'd like to record (in WMC) both digital and analog stations over my Brighthouse cable (through regular coax).  And would like dual tuners as well. 

As far as the wireless adapter, just wouldn't work in my Win 7 - 64 bit computer for some reason.  Not sure if I need to download some newer software or what.  Works for an older Win XP machine though.

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2014 - 04:08 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

Oh, forgot to put that I'd really like to use a USB wireless adapter because I work on friend's computers and want to do updates in another room.  Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users