Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is Evolution Taught As Fact

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
871 replies to this topic

#1 seafox14

seafox14

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hello everone. I just got off a very good discussion of evolution VS creation.
I would like to pose a different question.

If evolution is still a theory and has not yet met the requirements of scientific proof, then why is it being taught in schools as fact.

my personal thoughts are that those apposed to Christianity latch on to evolution as a way to say " There is no God". It is my opinion that evolution has become it's own religion and will not tolerate any other. That is why Christianity has been booted out of the schools and replaced with evolution (ie atheism) in an attempt to forcefully convert children from Christianity to atheism.

what are you thoughts. All view points are welcome.
5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Donít be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

Because Evolution is the most plausable theory supported by evidence..

Simple really, unless proved otherwise.

Brian

Edited by snyper, 14 May 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

If evolution is still a theory and has not yet met the requirements of scientific proof, then why is it being taught in schools as fact.

Anyone who claims evolution is 100% fact is just as ignorant as those that claim creationism is 100% fact.

my personal thoughts are that those apposed to Christianity latch on to evolution as a way to say " There is no God". It is my opinion that evolution has become it's own religion and will not tolerate any other. That is why Christianity has been booted out of the schools and replaced with evolution (ie atheism) in an attempt to forcefully convert children from Christianity to atheism.

Actually, there's this little thing called "seperation of church and state". Christianity (or any religion, at that) has no place in school without proper evidence to support it.

As snyper said, the most logical (and scientifically backed) version of how and why species are today is evolution, so it should be taught above all other "explanations". It is, in fact, STILL a theory, and most likely will never become law, since one view can't 100% be proven over anything else.

So, again, like snyper said, if creationism, or any other view point, can present the same amount of scientific evidence, evolution should be the main viewpoint taught. If you want anything different, go to a private school not supported by the state.

....don't you just love how anything that doesn't support religion is automatically a movement to destroy religion....? :thumbsup:

EDIT: Think about it this way. You go to a new school somewhere in another country, say somewhere in the middle east. Now, would you want your children being taught the muslim way of life, and everything that is contained within the quaran (sorry if i slaughtered the spelling)? You wouldn't want someone teaching your children another religion when they really don't have the evidence to back it up, right?

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 14 May 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#4 seafox14

seafox14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:50 AM

Show me in the Constitution of the United States of America where it says that church and state must be separated. :thumbsup: . The Bill of Rights, in regards to religion, says that the government shall not declare a state religion or make laws restricting the free practice of religion. This was done to prevent the creation of something like the Church of England. Yet last year in Califonia, there were public schools forcing students to learn Islam and was punishing them if they refused. This was done under the guise of tolerance training.

I say go ahead and teach religion in school (public or private). ALL religions. Make them electives so that no one is forced to take them if they don't want to. After all their are those that have elevated evolution to a religion, and there is a religion being forced on students in all public schools in America. Atheism, the non religion religion.

Websters dictionary from www.webster.com
Religion
re∑li∑gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)
n.
a) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
:flowers: A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2 The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3 A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4 A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion

so Atheism does qualify as a religion and that religion is being forced on millions of students across America.
so much for separation of church and state. :trumpet:

Respectfully
Seafox14
5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Donít be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world

#5 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:18 AM

seafox14 :thumbsup: to BC

The Constitution does say that the government must not make a law establishing a state religion, what do you think a law mandating that the Christian version of creation be taught as fact does? It means that the government has just endorsed the Christian religion above all others. This means the government has just passed a law that tells the children of any other religion that they are not following the correct god. Sounds like it is establishing a religion to me.

This sure goes a long way toward undermining a parents right to train their children in the religion of their choice. Religious training belongs to the parents of the children involved, not to the state.

so Atheism does qualify as a religion and that religion is being forced on millions of students across America.
so much for separation of church and state. :flowers:

Respectfully
Seafox14

No one is forcing atheism on anyones children, schools are for teaching known facts and theories, not faith. A child's religious training is a private matter and is conducted at the proper time, location and by the proper individuals. Namely by a child's parents, their clergy and at home and at church. A public school is not the place for religious instruction to take place. Unless it is your own personal religion being taught, it is interfering with others right to the free practice of religion.

Now if high schools were to offer classes that honestly examined all the different major religions of the world and explored their differences so that people would understand each other better, that would be a good thing. I would have no problem with that type of class being required to graduate. But teaching that any one religion has more validity than any other (which teaching creationism as fact does) undermines other Americans right to the free practice of religion and is just plain against what the Constitution stands for.

Edited by Ronbo, 15 May 2006 - 02:21 AM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Why schools teach science (or history, for that matter). Scientific theories and the attendant "facts" are taught because they are both universally accepted by the scientific community, who are the people who devote most of thier lives to investigating the world and confirming theories. One does not see a raging debate about, for the example, the law of gravity; nor do recognised authorities challenge, in a rigourous and crucial manner, the theory of evolution. Knowledge, then, and the theories and methodologies that establish it, are universally accepted, and the rules for challenging the current perspective are clear and distinct, based on reason and not a mere whim of the moment.
If, however, one applies the same criterion to either religion, or any particular religion, one finds that neither qualifies to be classified as knowledge. Any schoolboy can list many different religions, most of which make some universal truth-claim. It is certainly not, given the multitutude of conflicting religious dogma, the state's business to declare one religion, or even religion itself, something that it should meddle in, but rather leave that to the privacy of the home and of individual choice. The state should have "no window on men's souls."

Applying scientific and universally accepted methods, what can be taught, and perhaps should be offered electively to students, is comparative religion or "the Bible as literature"- - -KJV, when they have reached a level of understanding. An understanding of the world, once obtained by a trip abroad by soon-to-be adults, was considered in a more graceful time important in one's education, because it exposed a person to other views, manners, and ways of living than his own. Understanding other religions and other times does just that today.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 17 May 2006 - 05:21 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

I have always wondered why it has been taught as a fact. We just covered it and it is taught as a fact. Actualy this country was founded on christian priniciples and remains that way to some extent. I do not have a problem with people beliving in evolution but it is wrong and i try to talk them out of it.

heretic are you saying that i am arrogant?? I have studied the facts and find the bible to be 100% true so that makes creationism 100% true. Evolution is looked upon as a religion by most so it therefore should be seperated. But due to the fact that this country is ran by a bunch of hethans it is kept. (not calling any of u a hethan but the people that refuse to hear our side of the story and keep it out of young people lifes but teaches evolution in school as a 100% fact.)

People from a local church come to our school once a year with bibles and hand them out but are arrested and sent to jail for 6 months because they do what God has told them to. So we christians are not free we are slaves but yet we still come back and fight for souls. Going to jail is honerable if you go for serving the lord god. I would go and help too if my parents would let me. I always take some of the bibles into school and give them out to all who will take them. I get yelled at and hit but i do it for God and no one will stop me unless i get suspended. We walk into the face of the devil and laugh at him and his decieved followers that are condemed. Why would we do that for a lie!!?? We do it because it is not a lie. I do a devotion at schoold durring lunch pray before I eat and do not participate in anything that goes against my belife in god. It says that I should not associate my self with those of satan and put the evil idea inside me. Instead I am supposed to put gods word into my sould and do as he commands me. I might be beaten but no one can truly defeat me.

A woman is caught in China and is asked if she is a christian. If she answers yes they will shoot her on the spot if she answers no then she goes home. Now she looks at them man laughs and says yes i am a christian shoot me all you will do is destroy my heavenly body but my spirit will be with god this would be an honor. Now she is in heaven laughing at the man who killed her saying that he did as god wished and only showed the weakness of others. Killing the ones who donot belive the same as you only proves you are wrong in evey way. You got no way to prove that you are right so you kill them

Hope this helps

-steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#8 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

I have always wondered why it has been taught as a fact. We just covered it and it is taught as a fact. Actualy this country was founded on christian priniciples and remains that way to some extent. I do not have a problem with people beliving in evolution but it is wrong and i try to talk them out of it.

Evolution shouldn't be taught as 100% fact. As i've said before, anyone that believes it is 100% fact is just as ignorant (yes, i said it) as those that believe creationism is 100% fact.

heretic are you saying that i am arrogant?? I have studied the facts and find the bible to be 100% true so that makes creationism 100% true.

Yet it is only accepted by a small population of the world, and those that treat it as "100% true" are only able to "prove" it's validity with "creation science" and using the bible itself. Also, don't you find it odd that you keep claiming it's "100% true" without being able to offer any actualy proof outside your religious texts? Don't you find it odd, also, that less than 33% of the world actually believes creationism is infallible and the absolute truth? The earth's population is about 33% christian, and it's fairly clear not every one of those believe creationism to be 100% factual. Even some of the most prominant creation proponents don't claim they have the absolute truth....

"The cat in the hat"..... cats exists..... hats exist....... so thing 1 and thing 2 must exist!! Awesome!! :thumbsup:

Evolution is looked upon as a religion by most so it therefore should be seperated.

It's only looked upon as a religion by those that oppose it.... That hardly qualifies it as religion.

But due to the fact that this country is ran by a bunch of hethans it is kept. (not calling any of u a hethan but the people that refuse to hear our side of the story and keep it out of young people lifes but teaches evolution in school as a 100% fact.)

Because George W. is the most prominent heretic in the world.... :flowers: I'm a heathen and damn proud of it.

People from a local church come to our school once a year with bibles and hand them out but are arrested and sent to jail for 6 months because they do what God has told them to.

So you'd be ok with it if a bunch of scientists busted into your church uninvited and started yelling that everything you're learning is incorrect, and you should be reading science textbooks? Yeah...

So we christians are not free we are slaves but yet we still come back and fight for souls.

.....yes, christians are the most persecuted people in the country........ please </sarcasm>

Going to jail is honerable if you go for serving the lord god. I would go and help too if my parents would let me. I always take some of the bibles into school and give them out to all who will take them. I get yelled at and hit but i do it for God and no one will stop me unless i get suspended.

People say killing for god is awesome, too. Where does it end?

You get yelled at and hit for handing out bibles? Well, it seems the people that are "hitting" you are just as wrong as those trying to force their beliefs onto others.

We walk into the face of the devil and laugh at him and his decieved followers that are condemed. Why would we do that for a lie!!?? We do it because it is not a lie. I do a devotion at schoold durring lunch pray before I eat and do not participate in anything that goes against my belife in god. It says that I should not associate my self with those of satan and put the evil idea inside me. Instead I am supposed to put gods word into my sould and do as he commands me. I might be beaten but no one can truly defeat me.

That's all well and good. I don't believe in satan either (although i love his music). As for the "why would we do that for a lie" statement, there's really no way to respond to that. Why do you think everyone in the middle east is blowing themselves up? They're just as, if not more, dedicated to their belief system as you. Does that make them right?

Now she is in heaven laughing at the man who killed her saying that he did as god wished and only showed the weakness of others. Killing the ones who donot belive the same as you only proves you are wrong in evey way. You got no way to prove that you are right so you kill them

*Cough* CRUSADES *cough*

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 15 May 2006 - 10:13 PM.

#9 seafox14

seafox14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

No I don't want anyone to misunderstand the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying that evolution should be kicked out of schools like christianity has been. All I'm saying is that is should be taught the evolution is a THEORY. But is not. It is being taught a fact and not as a theory. That is my point. If the teachers would just say that evolution is a theory, then at least they would be telling the truth. I think that some of the problem is that people get evolution confused with natural selection.

Natural Selection does happen and is observable. Evolution is not observable in realtime but natural selection is. Now these to are different because unlike evolution, natural selection has been proven. but natural selection does not support evolution because the mutations due to environmental changes are too minor. Not once has a single mutation, or a series of small mutations, cause one species to become a different species. It might be interesting to note that research into mutation has reveled that mutation is caused by a loss of genetic code or, a change with no loss, not an addition of new genetic code. This link gives a good example of this and lists other articles and links that support this point.

The superbaby mutation

Respectfully
Seafox14 :thumbsup:

#10 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

No I don't want anyone to misunderstand the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying that evolution should be kicked out of schools like christianity has been. All I'm saying is that is should be taught the evolution is a THEORY. But is not. It is being taught a fact and not as a theory. That is my point. If the teachers would just say that evolution is a theory, then at least they would be telling the truth. I think that some of the problem is that people get evolution confused with natural selection.

I went to public school for 13 years (split between new york and north carolina, but the majority in north carolina), and no class i've EVER been in has claimed evolution as anything besides a theory. You must be around some odd teachers.

Natural Selection does happen and is observable. Evolution is not observable in realtime but natural selection is. Now these to are different because unlike evolution, natural selection has been proven. but natural selection does not support evolution because the mutations due to environmental changes are too minor. Not once has a single mutation, or a series of small mutations, cause one species to become a different species. It might be interesting to note that research into mutation has reveled that mutation is caused by a loss of genetic code or, a change with no loss, not an addition of new genetic code. This link gives a good example of this and lists other articles and links that support this point.

The superbaby mutation

The human race hasn't really been around long enough, or cared enough, at that, to observe species changing "drastically". Considering evolution takes thousands of years to produce what could be determined a "different species", it'd be fairly odd for us to be able to track the differences. However, there have been observations of new viruses and bactera being formed from more inferior versions. Even insects have been able to become immune to certain pesticides. After enough change through natural selection, a new species may come about.

Don't you find it ironic that a major argument AGAINST evolution (humans never actually observing evolution) is automatically seen as a moot point when applied to creationism?

Also: CGM tried linking to that same site a while ago, and, just a bit of advice, a christian website isn't the best place to get "facts" about evolution....

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 15 May 2006 - 10:39 PM.

#11 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

a christian website isn't the best place to get "facts" about evolution....

:thumbsup:

#12 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:20 AM

I have studied the facts and find the bible to be 100% true so that makes creationism 100% true.

You "find" it to be true? Are your truths based on your beliefs? Do you have complete knowledge and understanding of the entire universe? I am guessing no.

I do agree that schools should better explain scientific method. The word "theory" is often mistaken for "guess" or "hypothesis." In this way, "anyone" can come up with such a "theory" (see: Intelligent Design). But a scientific theory is in fact a theoretical framework that is supported by evidence that is gathered through observation and experiment. If any new observation or experiments contradict the theory, and these experiments are repeated with the same results by others in the scientific community, then the theory must be modified or completely thrown out and a new one will take its place.

However, it's rarely so cut-and-dry. In fact, in many disciplines of science new theories simply refine old ones. Take Newton's Law of gravity. Mathematically it can still be used to describe the motions of the planets. But when speeds near C (the speed of light) are reached, Newton's laws are no longer useful. In this way, Einstein's work only refined our understanding of gravity rather than tossing out Newton's contributions.

So rather than keeping your hopes up for new evidence that will throw out our current theory of evolution...expect changes, but most likely we will simply refine the theory as new discoveries are made.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#13 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

...expect changes, but most likely we will simply refine the theory as new discoveries are made.

Well said, nothing about evolution is 100% but the above statment accepts different findingsand allows for changes to the theory

Well said.

Edited by snyper, 16 May 2006 - 08:33 AM.

#14 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

Evolution shouldn't be taught as 100% fact. As i've said before, anyone that believes it is 100% fact is just as ignorant (yes, i said it) as those that believe creationism is 100% fact.

heretic are you saying that i am arrogant?? I have studied the facts and find the bible to be 100% true so that makes creationism 100% true.

Yet it is only accepted by a small population of the world, and those that treat it as "100% true" are only able to "prove" it's validity with "creation science" and using the bible itself. Also, don't you find it odd that you keep claiming it's "100% true" without being able to offer any actualy proof outside your religious texts? Don't you find it odd, also, that less than 33% of the world actually believes creationism is infallible and the absolute truth? The earth's population is about 33% christian, and it's fairly clear not every one of those believe creationism to be 100% factual. Even some of the most prominant creation proponents don't claim they have the absolute truth....

"The cat in the hat"..... cats exists..... hats exist....... so thing 1 and thing 2 must exist!! Awesome!! :thumbsup:

Evolution is looked upon as a religion by most so it therefore should be seperated.

It's only looked upon as a religion by those that oppose it.... That hardly qualifies it as religion.

But due to the fact that this country is ran by a bunch of hethans it is kept. (not calling any of u a hethan but the people that refuse to hear our side of the story and keep it out of young people lifes but teaches evolution in school as a 100% fact.)

Because George W. is the most prominent heretic in the world.... :flowers: I'm a heathen and damn proud of it.

People from a local church come to our school once a year with bibles and hand them out but are arrested and sent to jail for 6 months because they do what God has told them to.

So you'd be ok with it if a bunch of scientists busted into your church uninvited and started yelling that everything you're learning is incorrect, and you should be reading science textbooks? Yeah...

So we christians are not free we are slaves but yet we still come back and fight for souls.

.....yes, christians are the most persecuted people in the country........ please </sarcasm>

Going to jail is honerable if you go for serving the lord god. I would go and help too if my parents would let me. I always take some of the bibles into school and give them out to all who will take them. I get yelled at and hit but i do it for God and no one will stop me unless i get suspended.

People say killing for god is awesome, too. Where does it end?

You get yelled at and hit for handing out bibles? Well, it seems the people that are "hitting" you are just as wrong as those trying to force their beliefs onto others.

We walk into the face of the devil and laugh at him and his decieved followers that are condemed. Why would we do that for a lie!!?? We do it because it is not a lie. I do a devotion at schoold durring lunch pray before I eat and do not participate in anything that goes against my belife in god. It says that I should not associate my self with those of satan and put the evil idea inside me. Instead I am supposed to put gods word into my sould and do as he commands me. I might be beaten but no one can truly defeat me.

That's all well and good. I don't believe in satan either (although i love his music). As for the "why would we do that for a lie" statement, there's really no way to respond to that. Why do you think everyone in the middle east is blowing themselves up? They're just as, if not more, dedicated to their belief system as you. Does that make them right?

Now she is in heaven laughing at the man who killed her saying that he did as god wished and only showed the weakness of others. Killing the ones who donot belive the same as you only proves you are wrong in evey way. You got no way to prove that you are right so you kill them

*Cough* CRUSADES *cough*

No my evidence comes from out of my belifes and my bible. I used logic and the scientific method and creationism is still 100%.

Evolution is not only looked to as a religion by the ones opposing it. I have a cousin who follows it and knows hundreds of ppl on the internet that say it is a religion. It should be seperated. Heretic i never said we are the most prosecuted group but in average we are the most prosecuted second to the jews. Yes us christians do have a bad history with the crusades. I do not support the crusades either they were evil you should not force you belife onto others it is wrong and sinful. I am not trying to force my belifes on anyone i am just trying to make sure they hear the truth and consider it. And about would i care if scientist came in and shouted that we were wrong i would be happy about it. We could have a debate about it instead of a normal morning. Most belive that if you question christianity that you goto hell but i do not belive that. I would rather have you question and get the facts straight than accept it with out understanding any thing. About the cat in the hat if you belive that you are crazy. It was all fantasy it makes no sense at all. No matter what i say you never consider it. You come up with more ideas that are crazier and crazier. All this is created by accident by some non-living elements bouncing together for long enough and it got us to where we are today? Why was it us that were blessed with a consience and a brain that can think for itself. All my teachers claim that evolution is a fact and in the text books it even says that. well then those people that claim creationism is not 100% factual are not christians are they. Christians belive in the bible with every ounce. If one part is wrong then everything is.

Jgweed, universaly accepted "facts" as you call them are not neccaseraly fact. Has evolution been proven?

Natural selction and evolution fall side by side with each other so dont even say they are different things.

consider this
-steve

Edited by need TOS, 16 May 2006 - 06:12 PM.

Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#15 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

No my evidence comes from out of my belifes and my bible. I used logic and the scientific method and creationism is still 100%.

Beliefs don't count as evidence. The bible is an extremely weak form of evidence if taken at face value without scientific proof to verify it. And please, tell us exactly how you came to the conclusion that creationism is 100% infallible. I'm sure every scientist in the world would love to hear about your groundbreaking new information.

Evolution is not only looked to as a religion by the ones opposing it. I have a cousin who follows it and knows hundreds of ppl on the internet that say it is a religion. It should be seperated.

Oh noes!! The intraweb says evolution is a religion!? Man, it MUST be true!!

Well, if evolution is a religion, so is the ideas surrounding gravity, relativity, medicine, geology, astronomy....

I do not support the crusades either they were evil you should not force you belife onto others it is wrong and sinful. I am not trying to force my belifes on anyone i am just trying to make sure they hear the truth and consider it.

So, you want people to hear "the truth" (your "truth" anyway), so you're cramming it down people's throats, and telling them that they're straight up wrong.... HOW is that not forcing your beliefs on people?

About the cat in the hat if you belive that you are crazy. It was all fantasy it makes no sense at all.

It was a parallel to "If some things in the bible are true, everything must be true"...

No matter what i say you never consider it. You come up with more ideas that are crazier and crazier.

Apparently you don't understand analogies....

I've considered christianity (hell, i considered myself a christian years ago), and the more i heard about it, and the more i read the bible, the less sense it made. So science is crazy but some dude shoving 2/7 of every species onto a boat ISN'T crazy? Uh-huh....

All this is created by accident by some non-living elements bouncing together for long enough and it got us to where we are today?

Makes more sense than *POOF*.

Why was it us that were blessed with a consience and a brain that can think for itself.

Every species has a brain (well, animal species anyway). Humans just got lucky enough to form the intellect we have today. If lions were able to gain that sort of intellect, then i doubt we'd be here having this conversation. You can't look at humans and say "Oh, there's no way we can be this smart on our own"...

All my teachers claim that evolution is a fact and in the text books it even says that.

I find that extremely hard to believe

well then those people that claim creationism is not 100% factual are not christians are they. Christians belive in the bible with every ounce. If one part is wrong then everything is.

Actually, a large majority of the christians i've met at NCSU (students and professors alike) don't rely on the bible 100%. They take it as, and make no real claims to its perfections. Are they any LESS christian because they choose not to blindly believe anything written in the bible is 100% fact?

Jgweed, universaly accepted "facts" as you call them are not neccaseraly fact. Has evolution been proven?

If you want to play that game, once again, show your proof of creationism. All i've seen so far is "Evolution is crap!! Here's why!!" and "the bible says ....... ".

If i've said this once, i've said this 100,000 times. Take away the bible, and what empirical evidence do you have to support creationism? Evidence that can stand independant of the evolutionary theory.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 16 May 2006 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users