Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Kinda Of Car You Drive?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Twistshifter2

Twistshifter2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

Just wondering about cars people drive around here.

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO

With 19 Inch Enkei Rims
Body kit
Stage 2 Turbo
Nos
Racing clutch
Custom Exhaust with 3 1/2 downpiping
Upgraded ECU Chip
Running about low 12.s in the 1/4 mile
want to get a low 11.
What It Do!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:24 PM

2001 Chevy Malibu

Nothing custom, except for the remote starter my grandfather put in a couple years ago.

Edited by yano, 12 May 2006 - 02:36 PM.

#3 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

I personally have 2 1985 Honda CRXs, and a 1978 Chevy Stepside.

But we have tons of other cars in various stages of repair. Our yard is basically a junkyard. :thumbsup:

-Nick

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

I bet those little CRX's get good gas mileage.
My aunt had one and it got good fuel mileage.

#5 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

Yes they get great mileage, one gets 40 and the other gets 50. (Different engine versions- 8 valve/12 valve). They are also kinda fun to race around a little bit also. Theyre basically set up for it already. Just stock will make a good 1/4 mile.

One thing I was thinking of doing was taking the transmission, drivetrain, transfer case, and rear axle out of one of those Civic hatchbacks-the 4WD kind-and making a 4WD CRX. It'd be a nice sports car that'd go anywhere! It'd be nice for winter driving too, with all these dirt roads.

-Nick

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

Yes they get great mileage, one gets 40 and the other gets 50. (Different engine versions- 8 valve/12 valve). They are also kinda fun to race around a little bit also. Theyre basically set up for it already. Just stock will make a good 1/4 mile.

One thing I was thinking of doing was taking the transmission, drivetrain, transfer case, and rear axle out of one of those Civic hatchbacks-the 4WD kind-and making a 4WD CRX. It'd be a nice sports car that'd go anywhere! It'd be nice for winter driving too, with all these dirt roads.

-Nick

With as much snow as you get up there it might be worth it.

btw, is't the mosquito the state bird there?

I remmeber a cartoon that was made during the construction of the Alcan highway, there was a pup tent with two pairs of bare feet sticking out or the front and two mosquitos taller than the pup tent, one of them says to the other "let's eat one of them now, and take the other with us for later".

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

We have a isuzu rodeo 94 model. Its getting around 15 mpg. Luckily we dont drive enough so gas prices do effect us but not like most people. A car that got 30 would be nice though. We also have a diesel dually(cummins engine a dodge 3500) that gets 18mpg. I cant figure out what makes a little SUV get less than a big truck even if it was a gas model.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 12 May 2006 - 11:13 PM.

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:21 PM

I have a phone and a Posted Image cab #.

:thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

#9 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:36 AM

What gets me is that we went to a Dodge dealer to buy a part for my uncles truck, and in the meantime we went out and looked at one of the new dodge cars. (forgot the name) This salesperson comes running out saying how great the car is and all that other normal junk. My grandpa was with us so he asks how many MPG this thing gets, and the sales person gets all excited and says 29 mpg like its the best thing in the world. We all started laughing and my grandpa says he wouldnt be bragging about that kind of fuel mileage if it were his car. The salespersons all confused and asks why not. My grandpa responds that 20 years ago he bought a car that got 50 mpg (the CRX). The guy couldnt think of anything to say after that. :thumbsup:

Whats really sad is in the ~1930 you could buy a chevy car that got 30mpg. (This is about 75 yrs ago.) In 1985, honda had the CRX, 50mpg, about 50 yrs later. Now, the full 75 yrs since, people are going around bragging they get 20 and 30 mpg, when it was almost twice that 20 years ago!

And according to some national survey thing the US has the lowest MPG rating than ANY OTHER COUNTRY. This is just sad.

If everyones car had a cold air intake, a carburator that used gas fumes instead of straight gas, no exhaust pipe (or at least a straightpipe) then we'd all be running around with 75mpg. :flowers:

-Nick

#10 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:16 AM

Running about low 12.s in the 1/4 mile
want to get a low 11.

Get a motorcycle. :flowers:

A stock Suzuki Hayabusa will run 9 second quarter miles @ 145 MPH :trumpet: , and you can buy one brand-spankin-new for around $11,000 :P :thumbsup:

If you put a couple of thousand dollars into it, it shouldn't be too hard to get it into the 8 second range :cool: :inlove: :)

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

Yeah but look at the (ugly lol) crx's and then look at the heavy nice looking trucks and suvs and even cars now days. We have more horspower than we need in cars. They can go faster than they need to. Your never getting over 100 and if you can you should not for safety reasons.

I read it only takes like 15 horsepower to get to freeway speeds with the right gear ratio.

#12 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

Right now i'm driving a 2002 Mini Cooper (not S, unfortunately).
Posted Image

Soon, my dad's going to let me start driving his baby... A '72 Lotus Elan ........ *drool*
Posted Image
Posted Image

Those are Gt4 renders of our cars, which look pretty much exactly the same as the ones we own (with subtle differences in the Elan, since the gt4 is a '62).

#13 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

I drive a 1985 Chevy Celebrity. No pics as of yet, but picture the Bluesmobile with a shiny metalic blue paint job. And slightly less boxy.

The only features of note are trunk and hood lights, which were apperantly pretty rare on 85s.

Edited by Lanscader, 13 May 2006 - 11:19 AM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#14 currmac

currmac

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

a 2000 dodge mini van

custuom 2 child seats

ya!!! rock on
INSPIRE TO VICTORY

Posted Image

#15 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

Right now i'm driving a 2002 Mini Cooper (not S, unfortunately).

Soon, my dad's going to let me start driving his baby... A '72 Lotus Elan ........ *drool*

Sweet cars! :thumbsup:

So, what kind of mileage do you get?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users