Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery corrupted, can I copy another?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tplush

Tplush

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

I have a Dell xps L702x and somehow my recovery must have become corrupted. I tried to do a restore a few months back and during the process it had to cancel and then computer would not start. So I got a windows 7 cd and installed that way manually installing drivers. I needed to do another restore, but when I went to my recovery menu there was no option to do so. It is gone all together. 

My question is if I have a friend that has the exact computer as me is there a way to copy his recovery to mine so I can restore to windows factory? I have had minor issues since manually trying to find and install some drivers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Hi

If your friend's machine is also Dell XPS L720x, yes you can use a recovery disc created from his machine. First check whether there is Dell data safe local backup installed in your friend's machine. If yes, follow instructions from the below guide and create a recovery DVD set which will be an exact replica of the recovery partition. Then you can use the DVD set to restore your system.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/kcs/kcsarticles/articleview?docid=266282

#3 Tplush

Tplush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

No the recovery is built into the computer. I am asking if I can copy that to my recovery. There are no CDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users