Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McDonald's-Commercial vs. Reality

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

And it isn't just McD's. All fast food and restaurant commercials/ads do the same thing. FWIW, I detest McD's.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/video/celestinomark/mcdonalds-ad-vs-the-real-thing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

ewwwww. I don't eat there either. That commercial was great lol

Also for the record. Both Subway and McD's use in their food a chemical called azodicarbonamide (with the 'mide' suffix implying to me some kind of horrid carcinogen) which is also used to make yoga mats and tennis shoes. It is illegal to use it in food in other parts of the world. When it came to light recently, Subway agreed to remove it from their bread, but McD's noted that the food-grade version should not be confused with the commercial variant of the chemical. 

#3 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

Man, why don't all these malware masterminds start targeting something thats worth targeting, McDonalds!

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

#4 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

*Most commercials ever v. reality

I swear adverts exaggerate their products so much; but that is how they sell their product(s) 

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

As far as hamburgers are concerned, I don't like fast food/restaurant burgers. When I want one I will make it at home, the way I like it. And french fries, well I think they are the spawn of Satan (along with fishsticks and processed yellow crap known as cheese slices)

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

I first had a McD quarter pounder in 1975 in Croydon, UK - it was very nice and their milkshakes were quite special at the time.  Goodness knows what was in the meat, but I survived.

HashX

Why are you collecting IP addresses and telling us what OS and browser we use.  Not necessary, nor clever, IMO.

Edited by petewills , 15 February 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

hmmm I dont get it. Everyone knows mcdonalds isnt healthy, its plainly junk food, it was never intended as a healthy food choice. So why do people throw a fit when wow, another ingredient is found to be unhealthy. Not me, I dont care! give me that big mac. Im not eating it for my health Im eating it because I like it . . . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

Totally agree McDs is junk food...and i have partaken! LOL...but not anymore. Trying to think...i estimate it has been at least 5 years since i have graced their establishment...i just prefer the better burger or homemade too...

What do you think about Subway using it in their bread? I think Subway is a little different. jmho but Subway's big marketing push over the last many years has been on how healthy the sandwiches are and was advertised as a valid way to lose weight for a healthier lifestyle. Weight loss plans and weight loss challenges, they milked it...and sales must have increased...who doesn't remember Jared, the real-life guy who lost over 200 pounds eating nothing but Subway? 

But I actually would not let my kids anywhere near mcnuggets at this point. 

Edited by Stolen, 16 February 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I first had a McD quarter pounder in 1975 in Croydon, UK - it was very nice and their milkshakes were quite special at the time.  Goodness knows what was in the meat, but I survived.

HashX

Why are you collecting IP addresses and telling us what OS and browser we use.  Not necessary, nor clever, IMO.

Thats a little harmless prank from this website: http://www.danasoft.com/. I can't get it to work in my sig.

Edited by Bezukhov, 16 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

It may be harmless to those of us who know what it does. However, there are people who will see their info and not realize they are only ones who can see it. They can get freaked out thinking that EVERYONE will see their IP address and browser.

BTW, it says I am using Firefox, which is NOT installed on my computer.

And now boys and girls, let's get this topic back on track.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 16 February 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#11 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Sorry my post was partially off-topic;  I looked it up after I posted and realised what was happening - overreaction on my part! I then logged in through the Tor browser and it displayed totally different information, of course.   :blush:

Edited by petewills , 17 February 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#12 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

*Most commercials ever v. reality

I swear adverts exaggerate their products so much; but that is how they sell their product(s) 

Well just for fun when You order ask them to make sure it looks like the advertisements. Then ask for extra meat.

They can make seltzer for you however.

I know that in the past McD's used real food in their commercials. They did come into the bakery and look for perfect buns for that purpose of course. I had a relative worked there. At that time, the buns were a simple bun, Not loaded with additives.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#13 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,696 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

[satire]Maybe McDonald's deserves a little more respect.

McDonald's was founded in 1940, and the average life expectancy then stood at 62.9 years. After Billions and Billions served it now stands at 78.7 years.[/satire]

Edited by Bezukhov, 19 February 2014 - 12:17 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#14 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Well just for fun when You order ask them to make sure it looks like the advertisements.

I am tempted to go to McD's one morning and order Cinnamon Melts.

The McD's website has this to say

Cinnamon Melts

Cuddle up to our warm, mouth-watering cinnamon-spiced centers, topped with rich cream-cheese icing. It's the best part of a cinnamon roll.

If it looks like the reality shot and does not have the cream cheese icing I would insist on it being exactly as the description given.

#15 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

My best guess and only a guess based on prior knowledge, They are delivered already baked and frozen. They may or may not drizzle the frosting after heating, it may be delivered frosted.

I had a Cinnamon roll yesterday, I pulled it out of the freezer, opened the package and microwaved it, Delish and 180 Calories. 

McDs, The pancakes used to be made fresh then they switched to pre-made and cooked. As I understand it the Eggs all used to be fresh in the shell. Now my suspicion based on eating them is that if the egg is scrambled it probably came out of a 1/2 gallon carton of egg ready to pour style. I suspect Burger king and many eateries use them BTW. The last egg McMuffin I ate looked like a real egg that was cracked into a cooking ring to fit the Muffin.

Having said that I have to say the I Love Some McDonalds foods, Big Mac for example, Wendy's - the Baconator, Burger King - The Whopper and hate their chicken sandwiches.

Sad to say their food hates my waistline :whistle: So I have gone on a Diet, No more Fast Food, sugary foods - A real killer too, Dunkin Donuts etc.. Between that and watching what I eat and shoveling this darned snow I have lost 18+ pounds. As I said their food hates my waistline.

A lot of things You may not really think about. The Bakery in Your supermarket, The fresh baked bread and rolls are delivered formed and Frozen. The bakery thaws them out, Proofs them, adds any toppings such as poppy or sesame seeds and bakes them.

Voila, Fresh baked, Not fresh made. Pies are delivered frozen, ready to bake. Some of the fancier breads are delivered par baked, what that means is they are already baked and the bakery just runs them through the oven to crust them up and be able to say fresh baked.

Edited by rotor123, 19 February 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users