Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 egoadk

egoadk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hello!

Just wanted to say hi! :D

I was googling for a weird startup program and I saw someone else posted similar program. I have the same program figured would contribute to his thread/issue since it might not what he suspect it to be. So I created an account to post here :)

But it says I do not have permission to post on that thread.... not sure why...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524141/virus-possibly-paladin-virus-avoids-all-scanners-and-crashes-desktop-on-start/

Edited by egoadk, 14 February 2014 - 07:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

The topic you want to reply to is in Malware Removal Logs.

That forum is highly restricted-replies can only be made by the person who started the topic, members of the Malware Removal Team and certain BC staff.

We understand you were only trying to help other members with malware/possible malware issues. While we greatly appreciate your willingness to provide help to your fellow members, we have special rules in place with regards to malware removal to ensure that members only receive help in this complex and critical area of support from those we know are well informed and trained.

At the top of the Malware Removal Logs Forum is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs. Anyone else should refrain from posting to another user's log.

Before the system was changed there were good intentioned members who wanted to help and did post to log topics even though they should not have. Anytime this happened, the replies were removed from the topic.

The policy also prevents "Me to, I have the same problem" posts in MRL topics.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 February 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#3 egoadk

egoadk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

I see. Thanks for the info. 

I will just paste it here I guess in case the poster sees this thread.

I have been able to remove 42 entries of malware via Spybot. And 1 virus via Avast. The virus was called Paladin. However, in my virus chest there are multiple entries each named unknown, all with the same date of quarantine. Despite my quarantining of this virus, a [Paladin] program still pops up very briefly in normal mode in my start-up tray. 

• Avast found 1 virus (currently quarantined) which it said was Paladin. However, the log lists multiple entries in the chest with [Uncomfirmed] as their names. The [Paladin] program box still pops up if I attempt to run on normal mode.

StartupFolder: C:\PROGRA~3\MICROS~1\Windows\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\ESOSUR~1.LNK - C:\Program Files (x86)\ESO Survey Live\ESOSurveyLive.exe

FYI, I also have a brief Paladin pop-up. I couldn't find what it is, but it seems like it is your ESO survey program because I have the same program. I remember seeing a "S" like icon with Paladin besides it. When I checked my startup, there is a "S" icon there. I opened it and it is the ESO survey tool that we install when it came with installation probably.

Not sure if this has anything to do with virus, but figures might help you filter out something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users