Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Midi won't play in embedded outgoing mail in Outlook Express 6,

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abbaland

abbaland

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Hi folks, I've tried all sorts of fixit options and I still can't hear my midi play before I send it out, however, if I send it to myself I can hear the music. I certainly would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Abbaland

Edited by hamluis, 14 February 2014 - 03:29 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Emial - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Having been previously a long time user of OE I can tell you that there is no way I know of that that allows you to hear/listen to any music or sounds until after the email has been sent. Check your Sent Items folder [or your Inbox, as you stated, if sent to self] & open the email. You will then hear the music. Also, note that recipients you send to that use web based email, Yahoo, Google, etc, won't hear any music when opening such mail sent by you.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 abbaland

abbaland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thank you for your input, however, I have 5 computers all networked and three of them are running Outlook Express and two of them will play midi's in an embedded outgoing mail. For some reason this one computer has stopped this option. I have searched various tech sites and they are aware of the problem and offer various fixes, however, none  have worked and I thought perhaps some who have read this message might have a unique idea. This really isn't a priority, however, it's a little bug that I would like to resolve. I'm kind of nerdie that way.Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate your message. Abbaland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users