Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo U310 ideapad flashing between start up and boot page when turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tede9

tede9

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yesterday while composingan email shockwave crashed, closed chrome shutdown computer and started windows configuration. Froze while configuringso eventually shut downnd powered back on. Unable to get into safe mode. It quickly flashes between lenovo page boot page. Not sure if hardware or os problem and how to start up.

Lenovo U310 ideapad
OS windows 7

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

This could be hardware or software. Do you know the specs for your model? Does it have a ssd and hdd? Instead of booting to safe mode, have you tried using the repair option? From the repair screen when it loads there may be an option to use a restore point. If you have a recent restore point from a date and time the computer was working I suggest trying this first.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 tede9

tede9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for your response. I've been away and unable to deal with this yet. This computer was a second hand gift so I don't have any papers on it. Opened it to get specs here are numbers from the drive:
seagate momentus twin 500 GB
T5v 0.55 A
LBA 976, 773, 168
5400 RPM
Sata 3.0 Gb/se

Tried using one key repair button but just turns on and keeps rebooting so unable to get to repair screen. Device obviously not under warranty or I would send in. I don't have a repair disc but do have windows 7 disc. I was thinking of reinstaling but wondered recommended way to save recent data from day of crash that I was unable to back up. Your help and suggestions is much appreciated.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

To save data before reinstallation I usually use linux, something like mint: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php Download and then burn it to a disc. Then boot to the disc. It has similar functions as windows and you can right click copy/paste.

Have you tried powering the machine on, tapping F8 and then selecting repair from the boot options menu? It is likely the top option above safe mode. From there you may be able to do a restore point or try windows repair.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users