Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Multiple Disc (cd) Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 manontheedge

manontheedge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:23 AM

Can somebody please tell me how to connect multiple disc drives of one computer??? i have the two drives and i am pretty usre i have all the cables i need.... but whenever i try it my comp doesn't recognise what is going on?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

Your IDE cable has two connectors at one end, the last of the two should be connected to the master hadd, and the jumper on the back of that hdd will be in the master location. The second connector will go to the hdd that is the slave, and the jumper on the back of that hdd will go in the slave location. Your computer should then be able to recognize the configuration.

If you have problems from there, you may need to go into the BIOS and enable "auto detect".

Let us know if this helps please.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users