Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4310Z aspire laptop shows no sign , of switching on, even when it is in adapter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rajeevee

rajeevee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

My acer aspire 4710 had some CCFL issues and i opened the display bezel and push tight the socket, it was working fine, then , again to make it tight, i pushed with screwdriver, but accidentally the screwdriver tip shorted the outer of the socket(metal), and one side of fuse, i saw an small flash, and then on the display is working, but No CCFL.

1) I checked the CCFL with other laptop inverter out, it was good,

2) i checked the continuity of display cable to inverter, it was good

3) so I felt there is one small SMD marked F1 near the dispay cable, which had opened, tested with multimeter, but i am not sure it is fuse, but since it is maked as F1 i assumed so, then i closed it using small copper hair.

After this i tried to check, but the laptop is dead, even if i insert the power jack, there is no sign of notification light of charging,

i checked the output of power adapter and its good, it gets into the board of 20v.

But I have heard , there is fuse neear the power socket, but i did not find any with named FUSE or F1 or so, but there is marked D28  in board and the component is marked as CH7e  A14-A, what is this component, please help me solve this problem.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

The first pic is blurry, hard to tell the health of that fuse.

Personally I wouldn't try soldering on a motherboard, but then again I'm not trained on it.

If the laptop is dead after you soldered the fuse onto the motherboard, I'd say you didn't do a good job. Sorry.

Edited by Netghost56, 13 February 2014 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users