Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop is restarting unexpectedly..what to do???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shivashish

Shivashish

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

Of late, my desktop has been having unexpected restarts. I have run a full system antivirus scan using a very good antivirus software. It did not detect any virus. Using the same software, I have confirmed that my PC doesn't have any malwares or rootkits. I have defragmented my drives twice i.e. once using the windows 7 defragmentor that is given along with the OS and once using the defragmentor of my antivirus program. But the problem has persisted. However, the frequency of unexpected restarts is low. Whenever the restart happens the computer asks if the booting has to be done in the normal mode or one of the safe modes. What could be the possible reason for this? I really want to sort this out as I am fussy about even the smallest problems in my PC. 

PC details:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.61 GB usable)

System type: 32-bit OS

I have a lot of faith in you guys. I appreciate any valuable help I receive. 

Thanks in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users