Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:37 AM
I downloaded the new version of Internet Explorer and it wouldn't display any pages. I then went into my programs Add and Subtract and took it off. Then when I clicked on the old Exlorer Icon it displayed the following error message:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Please try the following:
• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
• To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
• See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
3. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
• Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
• If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
• Click the Back button to try another link.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
I did all of the above with no results.
So, I switched my browser to Mozilla. I would like for the IE to work in case I have web pages that will only work with IE. I would be able to switch to IE when that happens. I am actually very impressed with Mozilla and plan to keep using it as my main browser.
Thanks for the help.